Welcome to the introductory course for PNF I
Clinical application of Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Approach
A little about PNF
PNF I offers a dynamic and functional evaluation and treatment approach to this interrelationship based on specific analysis of motor recruitment patterns and Characteristics of Neuromuscular Function.
Course description This 2-day course aims to build on the clinical skills taught in the introductory “Clinical Application of PNF” course. The PNF approach identifies mass movement patterns that are spiral and diagonal in character, and aims to successfully facilitate the response of a weak muscle by irradiation from a stronger muscle which is related to the same function. The course will focus on basic skill development, and implementation of these skills into clinical assessment and treatment of patients with a variety of conditions. It has a large practical component, and will include patient demonstrations and hands on patient treatment sessions, utilizing the PNF approach and the skills taught within the practicals.
Develop manual skills to improve lower, upper extremity, and trunk function with PNF patterns.
Through this workshop, participants will:
1. Develop a greater understanding of the philosophy and principles of PNF, and how this fits with current neuroscience literature.
2. Consolidate basic patterns of PNF taught in the introductory course.
3. Learn advanced patterns and techniques of PNF including:
a. Orofacial techniques
b. “Thrust” upper limb techniques
c. Bilaterals to facilitate greater trunk involvement utilizing the limbs
4. Utilize techniques of PNF in a variety of positions including:
a. Mat work
b. Plinth work
c. Parallel bars and gait d. 2 point and 4 point kneeling
5. Develop greater ability in utilizing PNF techniques as an efficient, effective method of increasing range of movement.
6. Develop an ability to utilize PNF techniques in functional activities such as gait, treadmill training, dressing, etc
7. Develop an awareness and understanding of the current literature supporting the wide range of clinical uses of PNF, and be able to critically discuss this literature.
Course details at a glance :
- Review: Scapula &
- Pelvic patterns
- Review: LE patterns
- Advanced LE patterns
- LE/ Pelvis
- Developmental Positions
- Techniques & Procedures
- Review: UE patterns
- Advanced UE patterns
- Developmental positions
- Patient Treatment
Be able to understand apply the correct application of the tool.
Note: To graduate, the above requirements must be met. Participants will be practicing/ exposing body parts such as thighs, hamstrings, chest, glutes, ribs etc. You will be advised to wear and use the appropriate attire to allow conducive learning and lab experience. Sport shorts and sport tops for both males and females will be assumed during the clinic.
A gross anatomy knowledge will be helpful prior to the course.
Participants will receive:
- Lifetime post support group
- PNF Practitioner Listing(to be reviewed)
WHO THIS IS FOR:
- Exercise Specialists
- Rehab Specialists
- Strength / Conditioning Coach
- Athletic Trainers
- Medical Practitioners
- Licensed/ Registered Manual Therapist
- Personal Trainers
- Manual Therapists
Qualfication awarded: PNF I
1. Early bird : $475
2. Super Early bird: $465
Discount Code:1)PNFEarly , 2)PNFSE
Duration: 2 Days(16 Hours)